Readers continue to send in questions about college savings and how best to fund higher education.

For many, these questions center around “529” accounts, the tax-advantaged educational-savings accounts that allow money contributed to grow tax-free until it is used for college or graduate school. Some recent questions The Wall Street Journal has received, and the advice from experts: